Tuesday 13 January 2015

The Start of Me and You - Emery Lord

Hi guys!

[Insert some excuse as to why I haven't updated in a long time here.] I have a few of them, but they're excuses and excuses are boring, so we're just going to move on to this fantastic book that I am so excited about.

I devoured this book. I'd been in a bit of a reading slump, and I was fortunate enough to steal Brian's classroom ARC for a day. And that's all I really needed because it was amazing and I couldn't put it down.  It's about a girl named Paige who feels like she has become defined by the death of her boyfriend, whom she hadn't really been seeing that long, and how she decides on a list of things she needs to do to get back to herself.  In completing her list, she ends up with some new friends, a new club, and learning a heck of a lot about who she is and who she can be.

I just... died over this book. It was such an amazing read. In fact, in writing this, I feel like I need to read it again, because seriously. Why deny myself the joy. The characters in this book feel so incredibly real and flawed. I love flawed characters. I love when they realize their flaws. I love when they grow. There's so much to be learned from this book but it's not one of those 'hey, I'm TEACHING YOU THINGS' books.  I feel like I'm gushing. Am I gushing? Good. It deserves the gush.

Anyways, this book is coming out in March, and it should be very high on your 2015 reads list. I promise you won't regret it.

<3
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment